For over a decade, the program continues to provide a network, framework and tools for municipalities to engage, educate and empower their residents, schools and businesses to make more positive social, economic and ecologically friendly decisions and promotes a culture of conservation where everyone is a potential steward of nature on their own patio, porch or in their backyard and beyond.
We’re not just about birds but work to support an overall healthy ecosystem for all. Restoration of natural systems and native plant communities for birds, butterflies and other wildlife, on both private and public lands, has positive impacts on our communities including creating a healthier environment, reducing storm water runoff, greenhouse gases and pesticides and more.
Your support can help Bird Town Pennsylvania provide:
- the opportunity to offer small grants to the different Bird Towns for installing demonstration native plant gardens and educational signage, converting lawns to meadows, planting native plants, shrubs and trees to create much needed green corridors and pollinator pathways for birds and wildlife.
- Information about how to make our home spaces safer for birds, including addressing bird window collisions and reduction of night lighting during migration
- opportunities for community members and children to come together to learn and to enjoy the beauty and wonder of birds, from bird walks to speaker presentations, films, etc.
- information about how homeowners can support and improve habitats in their home spaces to support birds and wildlife
- funding for the development and printing of educational brochures and materials to be distributed to all the Bird Town Programs across the state.