Bird Town Pennsylvania is an all-volunteer organization that works in partnership with local municipalities and like-minded organizations to promote community-based conservation actions to create a healthier, more sustainable environment for birds, wildlife, and people.
For over a decade, the program continues to provide a network, framework and tools for municipalities to engage, educate and empower their residents, schools and businesses to make more positive social, economic and ecologically friendly decisions and promotes a culture of conservation where everyone is a potential steward of nature on their own patio, porch or in their backyard and beyond.
We’re not just about birds but work to support an overall healthy ecosystem for all. Restoration of natural systems and native plant communities for birds, butterflies and other wildlife, on both private and public lands, has positive impacts on our communities including creating a healthier environment, reducing storm water runoff, greenhouse gases and pesticides and more.
Your support can help Bird Town Pennsylvania provide:
- the opportunity to offer small grants to the different Bird Towns for installing demonstration native plant gardens and educational signage, converting lawns to meadows, planting native plants, shrubs and trees to create much needed green corridors and pollinator pathways for birds and wildlife.
- Information about how to make our home spaces safer for birds, including addressing bird window collisions and reduction of night lighting during migration
- opportunities for community members and children to come together to learn and to enjoy the beauty and wonder of birds, from bird walks to speaker presentations, films, etc.
- information about how homeowners can support and improve habitats in their home spaces to support birds and wildlife
- funding for the development and printing of educational brochures and materials to be distributed to all the Bird Town Programs across the state.
- opportunities to connect with additional municipalities across the state and offer resources to achieve our goals of a healthier habitat for all in Pennsylvania
- Outreach Kits that include educational materials including posters, books, pamphlets, brochures, signage, habitat programming, etc. for our table events at community gatherings, at libraries, local and school events, etc.
- overall support to our current programs across the state with facilitating events and partnerships
On behalf of our dedicated Board of Directors and Bird Town Leaders, we greatly appreciate your consideration to donating to our Bird Town Pennsylvania Program.
Heidi Shiver, President of Bird Town Pennsylvania